Sunday, January 30, 2011

POTLUCK BANANA CAKE AND A NEW DRYER


POTLUCK BANANA CAKE from Taste of Home
This is a tasty cake, and the frosting reminds me of my mom's coffee cookies which I will post here sometime. The cake is super moist even a couple days later and everything is just as tasty.
Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream


COFFEE FROSTING:
1/3 cup butter, softened
2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
Directions
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add
eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in
vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed
mixture alternately with bananas and sour cream, beating well after
each addition.

Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for
35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.

For frosting, in a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar
until smooth. Dissolve coffee granules in milk; add to butter mixture and beat until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.

So my dryer broke last Thursday...had 3 loads of laundry backed up that I washed Friday so when Mister got home we could just go to the laundromat down the street and dry them. EEEEWWWWWW is the best thing I can say about that laundromat. So yesterday we spent some time at Lowes. I was romancing some beautiful machines, sweet talking to this Samsung and caressing an Electrolux. Luckily common sense ruled out and we went with another Whirlpool from the scratch and dent area saving about $100 dollars and keeping the expense to a minimum without getting a cheap machine. This is after all a dryer (I keep telling myself that) and knowing that we need more room then available in this house when we get a chance to move I do not want to take appliances with me the next set will be the sexy stuff...maybe even Electrolux.

No comments:

Post a Comment