Monday, January 24, 2011

KOOL-AID COOKIES AND CUB SCOUTS


KOOL-AID COOKIES from Kitchen to Kitchen
I used the fruit punch flavor, while at Kitchen to Kitchen they loved the lemonade and watermelon flavors. I really took a liking to these cookies, soft, chewy and bursting with flavor. Hopefully the Cub Scouts coming over tonight will love them too.
1 pkg kool-aid (with no sugar) Used fruit punch flavor and LOVED it.
1 2/3 Cups sugar
1 1/4 Cups butter
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3 Cups flour
1/2 Cups sugar for dipping

Mix kool-aid with the sugar. Add softened butter and mix until fluffy. Add eggs and mix well. Stir in salt and baking soda. Add flour in 1/2 cup increments and mix well after each addition.
Roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll in the sugar. Place them on greased cookie sheet and into 325 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Don't over bake! Remove cookies from sheet after 1 minute and let cool.


So, I got an email message asking if Mister would lead the Cub Scout den meeting tonight, he agreed. This means we will have about 8 boys plus parents over to the house tonight. Last minute makes things exciting. The funniest part of it all is we are working on achievement 5 in the Wolf book, which is hand tools. Yes a group of 8 year-old boys armed with hammers, pliers and screwdrivers. They will be practicing how to use them, IN MY HOME!!! LOL Yeah I am crazy and if the furniture isn't beat up enough now it surely will be by the evening's end. I started my fanatical cleaning routine and had to pause to make Kool-Aid Cookies for the kids. I figure, popcorn, cookies and Tang to drink should be good enough to get them through tonight's meeting. As for me I am not sure, I think there is still some Kahlua in the pantry it might numb the anxiety of children with hammers at my kitchen table. I will contemplate that as I finish cleaning...

No comments:

Post a Comment