Monday, January 17, 2011

CHOCOLATE CLOUDS AND GREY SKIES

I found a great companion cookie to my mom's raspberry meringue cookies, and here they are...

CHOCOLATE CLOUDS from Cooks.com  
I love these cookies for their chocolately sweetness and chocolate chip yumminess. They are so very tasty and will look beautiful next to the pink raspberry meringue cookies. Plus what does not go with chocolate? That is rhetorical I am not looking for any smart answers because I think chocolate goes with EVERYTHING. It goes with beer, fruit, bread, it even goes with baby blue.

3 egg whites, room temperature
1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. cocoa
2 c. (12 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate mini chips

Heat oven to 300 degrees. Place parchment paper on cookie sheets (instead of parchment I use the brown paper bags from the grocery store, I just cut them to fit on my cookie sheet). In large mixer bowl beat egg whites and cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar and vanilla beating until soft peaks hold. Sugar is dissolved and mixture is glossy. Sift cocoa onto egg mixture, gently fold just until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake 35-40 minutes or just until dry. Carefully peel off paper, cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container at room temperature.

The weather forecast does not instill warm fuzzy feelings for Kaleb going to school tomorrow. Yes I am a betting woman and I am betting I get an automated school call that they are cancelling if it starts snowing/sleeting/raining tonight. Our county is under a severe weather alert...it looks like an extended Martin Luther King day to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment