Tuesday, January 18, 2011

TANGY CHICKEN BITES AND A SNOW DAY

Ok, I like these little tangy chicken bites served over a bed of rice, but the kids turn up their noses. Well, Kaleb does not, but Evan and AJ do and I think they are out of their minds. Thank you Linda Nichols Belon of Steubenville, Ohio for submitting it to Home Cooking Magazine.

TANGY CHICKEN BITES adapted from Home Cooking Magazine Dec. 2007

3 tbsp butter
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 C Dijon mustard
1/3 C cider vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes

Melt the butter and sesame oil in a pan. Add cayenne pepper, Dijon mustard, cider vinegar, brown sugar, honey and soy sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook until chicken is cooked through. Serve with the sauce over a bed of rice or egg noodles.

Well here I am in the midst of yet another snow day for Kaleb. Thank goodness for Super Mario Brothers on the Wii because it is a small distraction for a few moments of priceless sanity. I love the boys, but they are trying to make me looney, it is a conspiracy. Last night Kaleb wakes up and comes into our room around midnight because his throat hurts (he has some kind of creeping crud) and after much convincing takes some medicine to help him sleep easier. In the meantime, he wakes AJ who sleeps in our room still so at 1:30 am I ended up downstairs with AJ wondering why in the world  some nights have to be so tough and why is it my boys seem to hate to sleep. Just about the time the sleep-deprivation crazies start setting in, I put AJ back down and have 20 minutes peace until Evan wakes up at 3 am. Yes I am in rare form today and the world seems slightly fuzzy to me and I have a cling-on in the form of a small blue-eyed boy. Wish me luck I am charging head-first into the madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment