Friday, January 7, 2011

ENIGMA AND HAMBURGER PUFFS

"The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma."- Patrick Star, SpongeBob SquarePants
Some days I feel this way, like I am on a totally different wave length then the rest of my family. There are days when I am talking to the boys and I have to wonder if we are speaking the same language; scratch that, I wonder if they can hear me at all.

Most days I make things that K will eat, but the other two have no interest in trying. These boys do not like pasta, macaroni and cheese (boxed or homemade) or potatoes unless they are in fry form. They make life interesting in more ways then one. In hopes of finding some recipes that everyone will eat without complaint I try a few new things a week and I thought the Hamburger Puffs were great. K liked them very much and the other two put their noses up and never even tried. I am unsure of where this ancient piece of paper came from, I found it in my teenage archives and altered the original by adding 1 Tbsp of hamburger seasoning to the meat and 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce to the end mixture.

HAMBURGER PUFFS
2 Tbsp butter
2 medium onion, thinly sliced (threw them into food processor because the boys do not like biting into onion)
6 slices of bread
1 C milk
2 eggs
1/2 C finely chopped green pepper
1 tsp salt (I omitted this)
1 pound ground beef
1 Tbsp hamburger seasoning (Grill Mates)
1 tsp garlic
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Cheese optional

Melt butter in skillet; saute onions and green peppers until tender. Crumble bread into a large mixing bowl; add milk. Let stand until bread is moist. Add eggs and mix well. Add onion, green pepper, Worcestershire and seasonings; add meat and mix well. Pile mixture lightly into greased 2 1/2-inch muffin pans. Top each with thin onion slice. Bake in 425 degree oven until browned about 30 minutes. Right out of oven I topped some with a thin slice of cheese and let it melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment