Saturday, January 8, 2011

REGISTRATION AND TUNA POT PIE

I really liked this dinner for 3 reasons; one, I am always looking for something different to do with tuna, two, it was super easy to throw together and lastly it was tasty. All these ingredients are likely to be in my house at any one time which makes this a sweetheart recipe.

HOMESTYLE TUNA POT PIE adapted from StarKist Tuna
6 servings
1 pkg refrigerated all-ready pie crusts (2 crusts)
1 can (12 1/2 oz) Starkist tuna, drained
1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen peas and carrots (I used peas and corn)
1/2 C chopped onion
1 tsp garlic powder
1 can (10 3/4 oz) cream of potato or cream of mushroom soup
1/3 C milk
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning

Line 9-inch pie pan with one crust; set aside. Combine remaining ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pour pie filling in pie pan. Top with second crust. Seal and crimp edges. Slit top of crust to vent and bake at 375 degrees F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.

Today was swim lesson registration and our third time at level 2 Guppies. K has made such huge strides this past year swimming, fingers crossed he passes this level this time.  The next level is pretty advanced, all the strokes and swimming back and forth in the pool basically the whole time. In order to register I was up by 4 am, as were E and A, I fed all the boys by 5am and got showered around 6am all to be out of the house by 6:22 am. We trekked down to the high school in the dark, Mister and E ( K and A elected to stay at home with the grandfolks) dropped me off at the front doors and I went in while they went to Dunkin' Donuts. I know you are wondering why they start registration so early in the morning, at the risk of sounding super crazy I will let you in on a secret...it does not start until 9am. Unfortunately there are limited number of swim lessons in each level and only 8 spots in each class. I am not the only nut job, I was the 5th in line, yes there were 5 other people who beat me there. Like seasoned pros we whipped out our folding camp chairs, coffee in hand, sat down and bullshitted for 2 hours. Mister and E came in about 30 minutes later and walked around the halls while I held my spot in line. Before 9 am even hit the line was around the halls and out the front door. This whole adventure is like going to the amusement park, you wait forever in line for like a 2 minute long ride. Having everything already filled out and in hand the transaction took less then 1 minute and at 9:03 am I was back in the truck heading home knowing full well I will be doing this again in September; maybe for 2 kids instead of just one. Needless to say I got my K in the Guppies program at 9:30 am starting the first Saturday in April. Now that's love baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment