Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND CHILI CHEESE SPREAD

There was no way I was going to take pictures if this one, no matter how well photographed it is not a pretty food. I definitely recommend covering with the shredded cheese, however my mom is trying to avoid copious amounts of cheese for health reasons so I left it off. It was tasty, and I will definitely make this again.

CHILI-CHEESE SPREAD
makes 3 C

1 (8oz) package cream cheese
1 (1-3/4 oz) envelope chili seasoning mix
3 Tbsp salsa
1 C chopped pecans
2C (8oz) finely shredded Monterey Jack cheese (I used 1C of a Mexican 4 cheese)

Beat first 3 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in pecans and 1C cheese.

Divide mixture in half; shape each portion into a log or ball. Roll each in remaining cheese. Wrap in plastic wrap, and cover with aluminum foil. Freeze up to 3 months, if desired. Thaw at room temperature before serving. Serve with crackers, tortilla chips etc.

We have had a wave of sick pass through the house this week. It started with K, went through E and ended with me yesterday. It was some type of stomach bug and seeing as I was not eating yesterday I did not feel like rolling the dip into a log or ball, I just left it in a bowl-still just as tasty.

I would have posted where I found this if I knew. I have hoarded recipes for as far back as I can remember. I always wanted to be able to make fantastic food. In my teens I would clip things here and there never expecting one day (20 years later...that makes me feel old) I would be posting them. Never expecting to use these recipes for anything but my private use I never bothered to make sure I marked my source. SHAME!

No comments:

Post a Comment