Friday, January 28, 2011

EXHAUSTED WONDER WAFFLES

These are not the best waffle I have ever made, but they are the best reheated from frozen waffle I have ever made. Truly amazing, right out of the freezer I popped it into the toaster and it came out crisp on the outside and soft on the inside, like I just made it fresh! Awesome. The recipe came from the Home Cooking magazine that is no longer being printed, so I went to see if I could find it on the Web and I ran into another waffle recipe that I HAVE TO TRY. It is a yeast recipe and I love working with yeast no matter how gross that sounds.


WONDER WAFFLES from Home Cooking Magazine
Now the waffles are not exhausted, I am. The boys have been cutting my sleep off at 6 hours most nights, and even that is to be considered sleeping in most days. I feel like I am not truly awake, but my body is moving around. Feeling like something the cat drug in made it a great morning to have some of these waffles still in the freezer. I toasted one up, drizzled on the syrup and cut up some strawberries...look out world I even got fancy and tried my hand at cutting a fan into one strawberry.
1 1/3 C flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 to 1-1/4 C milk
3 Tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and sugar; set aside. Beat egg whites just until stiff, moist peaks form. Without washing beaters beat egg yolks lightly in a different bowl. Stir in milk, extracts and oil into yolks; blend well. Stir yolk mixture into dry ingredients; beat until smooth. Fold in egg whites. Bake waffles in waffle iron. Freeze waffles in freezer bag; reheat waffle in toaster.

Makes 10 waffles

No comments:

Post a Comment