Thursday, December 2, 2010

REAL CHOCOLATE PUDDING

OK, I have flubbed up this one, I had a handful of new recipes to try that I found at  http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/ and I thought this was one of them because it was in the pile of recipes from that site I have sitting on my desk. I do not think it is from them though because I cannot find it on there, and I have looked at all my favorite sites and nothing, nothing that matches this recipe. I blame the boys, they are always distracting me and my mind has not been the same since they were born.  I will continue to search but I had to throw this recipe on here because I mentioned it yesterday and it is heavenly.

Real Chocolate Pudding

1/2C sugar
1/3C cocoa
3 Tbsp cornstarch
pinch of salt
2C milk or light cream
3oz (1/2C) chocolate chips, or semi-sweet
1 tsp vanilla

In medium saucepan whisk together sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. Stir in a cup of the milk and whisk until smooth and well blended then add in rest of milk. Set pan over medium heat and cook, whisk constantly 5 minutes or until thick and bubbly. Continue to cook 1 minute more. Remove pan from heat stir in chocolate and vanilla. Let it sit for a few minutes to let chocolate melt, then stir smooth. Divide into four portions and let cool 20 minutes before serving warm or refrigerate (at least 1 hour) to serve cold.

I  LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this pudding, I used these holiday chips that were mint and dark chocolate instead of the chocolate chips and it was heavenly. I have never been a warm pudding girl but I have changed my mind after this recipe. So if anyone passing through knows where I got this I would really like to know so I can give them proper credit because this is super easy, quick and delectable. I am thinking I might just have to make more today and use white chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless, maybe throw in some instant coffee for mocha flavored, or some Kahlua (minus some milk to balance out liquid proportions)...I think I hear my fat cells growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment