Monday, February 7, 2011

SCALLOPED TUNA POTATOES

Where's Mom Now That I Need Her? hit another home run with this recipe which I of course slightly altered.

SCALLOPED TUNA POTATOES
3 Tbsp butter
1/4 C minced onion
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
dash pepper
1/2 tsp Old Bay
3 Tbsp flour
2 C milk
1 (6 1/2 oz) can tuna, drained and flaked
3 large potatoes thinly sliced
Shredded cheese


Saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in salt, pepper, Old Bay and flour; whip in milk to make sauce. Continue cooking, stir constantly until thickened. Add tuna and heat through. Layer potatoes in 8x8 square pan; sprinkle cheese over potatoes (I actually sprinkled the potatoes with some Lemon Pepper before I put on the cheese) then pour tuna mixture over top. Bake covered at 350 degrees for one hour then uncover and bake 30 minutes longer, or until potatoes are tender.

If you get the potatoes thin enough they will cook even faster then the 1 1/2 hours required.

I do not have a picture because in this house it is hard enough to move at a speed befitting the boys. It seems like I barely have enough time to pull my hands away from their plates.

No comments:

Post a Comment