|Photo courtesy Taste of Home|
BEEF AND BACON STROGANOFF Taste of Home
Yes another wonderful recipe from Taste of Home, seems like I have more success then failure with recipes from their magazines. This is another tasty, simple and cheap meal to make. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow so we are light on the food around the house, but I still had everything to pull this together, gotta love that, ok well you don't gotta but I sure love it.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 5 thick-sliced bacon strips, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt ( I omit the salt since there is bacon and I have folks with high blood pressure in the house)
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 6 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, bacon, mushrooms, onion and garlic until beef is no longer pink; drain. Stir in flour until blended. Add the broth, soup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and paprika. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Stir sour cream and horseradish into beef mixture; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Sprinkle with cheese. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Well I finally scheduled someone to come out and clean the gutters. Yes I know that should have been done last fall, however did not get it done. I am excited because all summer and right now (because of the warm weather) we have Niagara falls outside our sliding glass door because the gutters are so clogged. Two hundred dollars for the gutters, and I should have the honey pot come suck out the septic there is another 200, then the driveway needs stone which is 200 dollars too. It is another enigma everything that needs to be done around the house is the magical number of 200. PHEW!