Friday, February 4, 2011

BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING


Butterscotch Pudding found at Framed Cooks

I am really not a butterscotch fan, actually kinda repulses me, but I love making
homemade pudding and I have people in the house that like butterscotch so I 
made this recipe I found at Framed Cooks. I ate some and I have to say it was 
excellent I loved it, not as much as chocolate pudding, but hey we can't all be 
as yummy as chocolate.
  • 6 ounces butter
  • 2 1/4 cups brown sugar, packed
  • 2 1/2 cups half and half (I substituted evaporated milk)
  • 10 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 4 cups milk or half and half
  • 6 egg yolks
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla


Combine butter and brown sugar in saucepan over low heat. Simmer 5 minutes, stirring. 
Add half and half, stirring until smooth.
Combine cornstarch and salt in bowl. Slowly stir in 1 cup milk or half and half 
until cornstarch dissolves. Add to saucepan with remaining 3 cups milk or half and half. 
Bring to boil over low heat, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Boil gently 
2 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat. Slowly whisk 
in egg yolks, stirring until smooth. Add vanilla.
Return saucepan to heat and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Strain and pour into 
12 custard cups. Serve warm or cold. Makes 12 servings.


Original source: Wolfgang Puck via the LA Times

I do not have half and half on hand usually so I substituted evaporated milk
for half and half. Oh and those 6 egg whites, I saved them (divided in half) and made
the Chocolate Cloud cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment