Monday, March 7, 2011

BROCCOLI CASSEROLE AND SPRING'S SIMPLICITY


BROCCOLI CASSEROLE adapted from Paula Deen
I loved this it is a great side dish, and if you do not like broccoli, you barely taste it. I will definitely make this again.

Ingredients
  • 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of celery)
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 cups crushed crackers
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 by 9-inch baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, mayonnaise, cheese, soup and eggs. Mix well with a metal spoon. Place the mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with the crushed crackers and pour the melted butter evenly over the crackers. Bake for 35 minutes or until set and browned.

Well I have to say I was more then disappointed when I woke up to snow on the ground. Trying to ignore the weather I made myself a fruit breakfast and in doing so I remembered what it is about spring and summer that I love. I love walking out to my garden and picking fresh fruits and vegetables. I am adding to my fruit plants this year, hoping to do grapes. I made a little salad of banana, strawberry, grapes and raspberries. It was so yummy I decided to add some pecans to it, but it still looked a little bare and too healthy so a healthy serving of Reddi whip had to go atop and it was DELISH! so here I am left anxiously awaiting spring...

No comments:

Post a Comment